Google releases YouTube Music Wear OS app
The YouTube Music Wear OS is available on Samsung’s new watches only.
Google finally came up with a Wear OS app for YouTube Music, and it could be a new option for previous Wear OS users with Google Play Music on their device.
According to Google, the biggest catch is the new application is compatible with Samsung’s new watch powered by Wear OS 3. Unfortunately, those watches will be available after August 27th, so you can’t try them unless you have a Galaxy Watch 4 or classic.
If you are getting new watches, then Premium subscribers with YouTube Music Wear OS will be able to download music right to their watch, and it simply means your watch and Bluetooth headphones can help you listening tunes even without the internet.
However, there might be some frustrating caveats you would have to keep in mind while you practice using the Wear OS YouTube Music app.
According to 9to5Google, there is no way to stream music directly from the app, and you can download music for now. The other important point you have to remember is that when the watch is on a charger, you can download songs only at that time.
How would you start YouTube Music Wear OS app?
If we dive into the app, you will see a sign-in screen where you’ll have the option to select accounts on your watch. It should not acknowledge any other Google accounts on the smartphone you are using.
1. First of all, download the YouTube Music app from the app store.
2. Then, sign in to the app.
3. Once you sign in, three distinct sections will appear – Downloads, Recommended, and Library.
4. To start the download process YouTube Music Wear OS, select and tap on Downloads.
5. Downloads are empty in general, but you can download offline content.
6. Tap on a playlist with a large download button to get the music.
Yet, it’s unknown when Google will be release app for other Wear OS devices.
AUTHOR BIO : Jack Jones is a software developer. He has expertise in making people aware of the new software technologies. He writes for Microsoft365.com/setup